Accessing information on a topic can be either the start of a learning journey or it can enrich the journey you are already on. On this page Kemp Street Partners will keep you up to date with some of the contemporary thinking about leadership, personal effectiveness and behavioural change.
Please get in touch for more information on any of these topics or to provide suggestions on additional resources/topics for this site.
Resources coming online regularly…please check back often.
- Life and Leadership: Addressing the challenges of being a 21st century leader. Liane Kemp (2016). The 21st century is challenging even the best leaders; old leadership models are increasingly ineffective and yet the pressure for even greater performance is relentless. Presented to the Columbia International Coaching Conference in New York, this paper describes the lived experiences of three senior leaders in diverse business sectors, and discusses the impact of a holistic approach to leadership development.
- How You Lead Matters. Liane Kemp (2016). Effective 21st century leadership styles and their impact on organisational climate.
- Primal Leadership. Daniel Goleman, Richard Boyatzis and Annie McKee (2013).
- Distinguishing Coaching. Liane Kemp (2015). How does coaching differ from other ‘helping’ professions?
- The Role of Coaching in Enabling Resonant 21st Century Leaders. Liane Kemp (2015) – Leadership today looks very different from last century. New leadership skills are required. This paper looks at how coaches can help.
- How to separate learning myths from reality. McKinsey Highlights August 2015. – A nice summary that busts some myths like “the vast majority of brain development occurs in the first years of life.”
- How do you see the world? Developmental Frames. Adapted from Columbia University
- The Ideal Self as the Driver of Intentional Change. Richard Boyatzis and Kleio Akrivou (2006)
- The Ladder of Inference. Adapted from Chris Argyris (1990)
- Reawakening Your Passion for Work. Richard Boyatzis, Annie McKee and Daniel Goleman (2002)
- The Discipline of Teams. Jon Katzenbach and Douglas Smith (1993)